As the weather gets cooler and the leaves start to fall, November is a great month to be a teacher! There are so many fun themes and activities that you can do with your students to celebrate the season. Here are five easy lesson ideas that you can use in your classroom this November.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Craft: This is a great activity for younger students. Give each student a paper plate and have them decorate it to look like a turkey. You can use construction paper, crayons, markers, Glue, glitter, etc. Be creative!
- Native American Heritage Month: Take some time to teach your students about the history of Native Americans and their culture. This is a great opportunity to incorporate some art and music into your lesson plans. You could have students create dream catchers or tom-tom drums, or learn traditional dances like the rain dance or the round dance.
👉🏼 Check out my Native American Heritage Month resources!
- Veteran’s Day: Have your students interview a family member or friend who has served in the military. This is a great way to help them understand the sacrifices that our veterans have made for our country. You could also visit a local veteran’s cemetery or make cards or care packages for veterans in hospitals or nursing homes.
👉🏼 Grab these no-prep November packets with simple reading and writing activities about Veteran’s day!
- Thanksgiving Feast: This is always a favorite among students! Plan a feast with all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc. You can even make it a potluck and have each student bring their favorite dish from home.
- Turkey Trot: Get your students up and moving with this fun activity! Set up an obstacle course in your gym or playground and have students race through it like a turkey. Add in some challenges like jumping over hay bales or weaving through cones to make it more fun! These are just a few ideas to get you started – have fun and be creative!
November is such a fun month to be a teacher! There are so many great themes and activities that you can do with your students to celebrate the season. I hope you found these five easy lesson ideas helpful and that you have lots of fun incorporating them into your classroom this November!